Please read this Policy carefully before using our services.
Information We Collect
We collect information in several ways, so we have explained the types of information that we collect in each context below.
Information You Provide to Us
- We collect information from you when you:
- Register or create an account with us;
- Communicate or interact with us, including through our social media accounts;
- Participate in our surveys;
- Participate in our contests;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Donate to us or make a gift, including any donations or gifts in honor or memory of another individual;
- Sign up to volunteer;
- Register for and attend our events and trainings, including our fund raising events; and
- Invite or refer a friend to us.
This information generally includes contact information such as first and last name, phone number, email address, physical address, the organization you are affiliated with (if applicable), and your payment card information if you donate to us or make a gift. If you use our All Babies Cry mobile application, in addition to the above information, you may also provide your child’s date of birth.
When you make a donation, we also collect information about your donation and donating activities, such as which of our campaigns you would like to support.
Information We Automatically Collect
As with most apps and websites, when you use our services we automatically receive and collect information about you and your device. This information includes the following:
Information about your device, such as the operating system, hardware, system version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, and device language;
The specific actions that you take when you use our services, including but not limited to the pages and screens that you view or visit, search terms that you enter, how you interact with our services;
- The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your use of our services;
- Information about your internet, wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, and signal strength;
- Location information, such as GPS information;
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message;
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (as further described below); and
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our services.
Friends and Related Contacts
Our services may allow you to enter contact information of your friends and other third parties that are interested in learning more about our organization. If you provide that information, or if a friend provided that information about you to us, we may use such information to send contact the individual about our organization and our services. Please only provide information that you have consent to give us.
We sometimes receive information about donors or individuals who may be interested in learning more about or organization, or donating to our organization, from our third party partners.
At the present time our services do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or similar mechanisms.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we collect information so that we can provide our services, operate our organization, and provide information that you request from us. This includes the following uses and purposes:
- Create and administer your donor account and facilitate your donations and gifts;
- Provide, operate, improve, maintain, and protect our services;
- Provide you with technical and other support;
- Administer our trainings;
- Administer our surveys and contests;
- Register you for our fundraising events;
- Send you our newsletters, press releases, publications, updates about our organizations and events, marketing communication, and other information about our organization and our services, and services of third parties that we think you may be interested in;
- Conduct research and analysis, and monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Enhance or improve user experience, our organization, and our services, including the safety and security thereof;
- Send you push notifications through our app;
- Personalize our services to you;
- Communicate with you and respond to questions and inquiries;
- Operate our organizations and perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our services;
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request;
- Enforce contracts and applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our organizations, our donors, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
How We Share Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal information (any information that identifies you or is identifiable to you).
We share information in certain circumstances with third parties through operation of our services and our organization. Below we explain when that happens.
We use reputable third parties to assist us with operating our organization and providing our services, such as our technology vendors that help us maintain our services and partners that assist us with our events, outreach, and communication. These service providers will have access to your information in order to provide services to us.
If you make a donation or a gift, your credit card or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by the payment processors with which we work, as well as third party processors that assist us with recurring donation options. We do not collect or have access to your full payment card information but may collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your donation or transaction history. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional donations using the information they’ve stored, including recurring payments, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
As Directed By You and With Your Consent
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we share information with third parties, organizations and individuals outside of our organization only at your direction or when we have your consent to do so.
We may share information with third parties, governmental authorities, or individuals outside of our organization if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or governmental request;
- Enforce a contract, including but not limited to any applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our organization, our donors, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Sale or Merger
We may de-identify or aggregate information so that you are not identified as an individual, and use and provide that information to third parties without restriction. We may also provide aggregate usage information to third parties (or allow third parties to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our services. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or de-identified information to a third party (or allow a third party to collect such information) in a manner that would identify you as an individual person.
Choices about Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices with respect to your information. Also remember, you can opt not to disclose certain information to us - but keep in mind some information may be needed to use some of our services.
Modification of and Access to Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can access and modify most of your information through your account. If you would like to modify or access additional information that is not available through your account, or if you do not have an account with us, please contact us at email@example.com. We may ask you to verify your identify or provide additional information before we act on your request. We may reject or deny requests for certain reasons, such as when we believe a request is fraudulent.
Deleting Your Information or Your Account
If you have an account with us, you can delete most of your information through your account. You may also request deletion by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, whether or not you have an account with us. Please note that in some cases we may be prohibited from deleting certain information (we will let you know in those situations) or may be required to retain a copy for our records, and some information may remain in our backups after deletion from our active systems. We may use any aggregated or de-identified data derived from or incorporating your information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletters, publications and press releases at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such communication. Most communications from us will also offer you choices about receiving additional messages.
Our Services are not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use our services or send any information about yourself to us. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove such information from our systems.
Security of Your Information
We use reasonable security measures, including measures designed to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to your information. We also take certain measures to enhance the security of our services, however, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your account login information.
Retention of Information
We retain information in accordance with applicable laws. The length of time we keep information depends on the type of information and whether we have an on-going operational or legal need to retain it (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Third Party Websites and Services
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post the updated version on this page. We encourage you to read this page each time that you use our services so that you will be aware of any changes, and your continued use of our services shall constitute your acceptance of any such changes. Changes to this Policy take effect from the date of publication, unless stated otherwise.
If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions about Policy, or about our privacy practices in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: March 1, 2021